Guide to KITAP (Kartu Ijin Tinggal Tetap/Permanent Stay Permit) in Indonesia
A status conversion of an Indonesian Immigration Permit is the changing of status of a Limited Stay Permit into a Permanent Stay Permit.
Indonesia's Limited Stay Permits may be converted into Permanent Stay Permits with the exception of a Special Immigration Facility Limited Stay Permit.
The status conversion of a Limited Stay Permit into a Permanent Stay Permit may be granted to a foreign national who can be included in the following categories:
- a capital investor who has invsted his/her capital in Indonesia;
- a rare expatriate expert in the field of science and technology;
- an expatriate expert in the position of top manager of an effective and efficient capital enterprise;
- a foreign church person;
- a foreign wife, to join her husband who is an Indonesian citizen or foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit, and has accompanied him for a long time in Indonesia;
- the foreign child(ren), under 18 (eighteen) years of age and single, to join parent who is an Indonesian citizen or foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit, and has accompanied parent for a long time in Indonesia;
- a foreign national in the framework of repatriation to regain his/her Indonesian citizenship;
- a foreign national who is beneficial to national development or other matters related to humanitarian considerations.
An application in triplicate for a status conversion shall be submitted to the Head of the Local Immigration Office whose jurisdiction covers the area of residence of the foreign national concerned.
- An application letter from the foreign national concerned and sponsor containing information concerning the purpose of the request for the conversion and a guarantee from the sponsor for the foreign national concerned during his/her stay in Indonesia until his/her exit from Indonesia;
- Original and photocopies of a valid national passport which includes personal data, the visa, and a Limited Stay Permit Card, showing that the foreign national has been residing in Indonesia for 5 (five) years continuously using a Limited Stay Permit and has never left Indonesia without a Re-entry Permit nor been overseas exceeding time limit granted;
- A Curriculum Vitae/Resume which contains information about family, educational background, and employment background of the foreign national;
- Proof to support the information about personal data and a recommendation from a related authorized institution;
- A marriage certificate and information concerning the identity of the husband for a wife to join a husband who is a citizen of Indonesia or a foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit;
- A birth certificate and information concerning the identity of the parent for a child(ren) to join parent who is a citizen of Indonesia or a foreign national in possession of a Permanent Stay Permit;
- The applicant must not be included on the blacklist or subject to Immigration Action.
I am Asep Wijaya, Managing Director of Wijaya & Co. Thank you for visiting my blogs and reading my posts.
The above is provided for informational purposes only and is NOT to be relied upon as legal advice. This information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney and should not be construed as a solicitation. No attorney-client relationship is established by use of information found within this article nor in this website.